Friday, March 20, 2009

Zucchini

I was delighted to find a zucchini the other day in the supermarket. Not because I knew what to do with it but because it didn’t look too big for us to eat... Cut it, cooked it, and had Willy try it:

S: “How did you like the zucchini?”
~long pause~
W: “It tastes alien”
S: “So I take it you don’t like it?”
W: “No, no.. I need some time to get used to it”

So the next day, we bought zucchini again. It was still the only vegetable around the right size. Well, there were two other vegetables that were smallish enough, and I didn’t even know what these ones were called, so got them as well.

We cooked them into a sort of stew which I thought was great.
W: “It still tastes foreign… but its growing on me”

There’s probably a moral of this story!
Willy says he is storing up KFC credits.

The folly of newlywed husbands to be slightly too enthusiastic about their wives’ cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment